Public Relations Associate
📞 (860) 614-1631
“Chris provides the creative thinking and execution our clients need to remain one step ahead.”
Known for his limitless creativity and his relentless enthusiasm for coming through for clients, Chris has spent his career finding new, outside-the-box ways to use his wide range of multi-media skills across all media platforms. His expertise in social media, advertising, graphic design, research and copywriting makes him an asset to our clients as they consistently seek out new and innovative ways to tell their stories to the public.
Chris has gained invaluable experience in the non-profit, corporate, quasi-public, broadcasting, education, tourism and transportation sectors, and has an impressive track record of making things happen. Prior to coming to SLPR as a Public Relations Associate in 2018, Chris served as the Marketing Manager for a Hartford-based non-profit, where he oversaw marketing efforts for multiple entities within the organization. He has also held communications and community outreach positions with several Connecticut-based companies.
Chris received a BS in Communication, with a concentration in Advertising & Promotions, from Southern Connecticut State University, and a MS in Education from the University of New Haven. As he was wrapping up his first degree, Chris interned for a well-known national talk radio show in New York City. Since 2018 he has been part of the SLPR team which won 15 Mercury Awards from the Greater Connecticut Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
• Oversaw successful rollouts and thorough transitions for multiple rebranding campaigns, including a new TV graphics package.
• A “Swiss Army knife” of professional communications skills, with experience in managing events, media relations campaigns and digital media assets for several clients.
• A skillful and creative graphic designer who creates effective and appealing presentations, infographics, marketing materials and digital/social media visuals.
• Created several award-winning infographics and collateral pieces for clients used to successfully advocate for key legislative priorities.
• Managed a successful media relations campaign in 2020 with municipal election officials to educate the public on key changes in voting processes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Chris is actively involved in the Connecticut Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) and can frequently be seen talking with college students about careers in marketing and public relations. He enjoys attending Hartford-area networking meetups for professionals interested in museums, the arts, civics and the local business community. Proudly born, raised, and educated in Connecticut, Chris is a resident of East Hartford where he lives with his wife Kirsten and their black lab, Friday. In his spare time, when he’s not scrolling through his many social feeds to keep on pace with the news of the day, you can find him on the golf course or enjoying local restaurants, breweries and sporting events.
WHY WE ARE HERE…
“I came to SLPR because of our reputation of being one of the hardest working and most respected firms in Connecticut; a team that never rests in advocating for and succeeding on behalf of our clients. If you’re working in the realm of public relations in this new, expansive media age, this is the place to be.””